About Paul Goodwin - Building Inspection Services
I have been in the building industry since starting my building apprenticeship in 1986. In this time I've experienced most aspects of the industry, including residential and commercial construction, house lifting, renovations and project management.
I have been offering building inspection services to customers since 2004, as a fully independent operator and currently the longest serving local Coromandel pre-purchase building inspector (10 years longer than any other building inspectors).
Upskilling is essential and through the professional building institutes I belong to, I strive to keep up to date with the constantly changing building industry and its regulations.
Professional Building Institutes I belong to:
- New Zealand Institute of Building Inspectors
- Registered Master Builders Association as Tradesperson.
BRANZ Certificates successfully completed through, CITE, Construction IndustryTraining Enterprise:
- Building Compliance for Independently Qualified Persons (IQP’s)/(LBP's)Licensed Building Practitioners
- Building Controls
- Access, Egress & Barriers
- Due Completion of Carpentry Apprenticeship
- The Building Act 2004
- Building Weather Tightness
- Weather tightness-Achieving Solutions
"If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job,
wait until you hire an amateur."